Are you training for a virtual half or full and need a course? Maybe you just want to run a half or full distance on a supported course? Perhaps you’re looking to run or walk a 5k(ish) route in support of a great cause? Well, then we have the perfect event with a great cause for you!
Last year, 87% of young adults with substance use disorders went untreated. And millions of Americans with a substance use disorder also have a co-occurring mental health condition. These two conditions can be tightly interwoven and complicated by a variety of social issues. But with the right care and support, people can move forward to live their best life in recovery.
4RUN3 is partnering with MHA to raise awareness about substance use and mental health. MHA’s GRIT program combines specialized treatment for individuals with a substance use disorder and a co-occurring mental health diagnosis. GRIT’s residential setting provides the structure, guidance, accountability and support that helps people begin the hard work of living in recovery. ALL proceeds from this festival will go directly to the MHA GRIT program.
We will be offering a supported full and half marathon course, as well as a 5K(ish) route, to be run on Sunday, October, 10, 2021, which is, not coincidentally, Mental Health Awareness Day. Please know that THIS IS NOT A RACE – just a supported course meant to raise money for an important cause. The run will be timed and results will be posted, but it is important that you continue to read so that you are aware what you WILL and WILL NOT get when you participate in this “not a race”.
Here is what you WILL get:
- A chipped bib, to be picked up in the days preceding the run (this will allow us to record your start and finish times, should you want to know how long it took you to run the course).
- A custom technical t-shirt (gender specific)
- A paper course map and a GPX course file (for those of you who want to import it to your watch).
- 5k route map available on RunGo at https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/87oxC0Ic0E
- Half Marathon route map available on RunGo at https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/EnUAo6YOjn
- Full Marathon route map available on RunGo at https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/rXcLnaDGdM
- Advanced runner tracking (and cheers) through RACEJOY!!
- A starting line to cross (depending on number of registrants and current Covid regulations, we may need to use staggered start times).
- A finish line to cross (we will publish net finishing times on our website).
- Water and an electrolyte drink at the finish. AND FREEZE POPS!!! 🙂
- There will be support stops along the course, manned by volunteers, which will each have an Gatorade Endurance and water (and perhaps other goodies).
- The 5K(ish) route will have one stop at the halfway (turnaround) point.
- The Half route will have 6 total stops at miles 1.5, 3.4, 5.2, 7.1, 10.5, and 12 (locations are approximate).
- The Full route will have 9 total stops at miles 1.5, 3.4, 5.2, 7.1, 10.5, 14, 17.5, 21, and 24 (locations are approximate).
- WE NEED MANY VOLUNTEERS!! If you would like to volunteer, please click on the “Volunteer” button in the main menu.
- The course will “close” (meaning the timing mat and arch will be taken down) at 2 PM.
- An email one week before the run with logistical information, RACEJOY runner tracking instructions, route map gpx files, and last minute instructions.
Here is what you WON’T get (because this is NOT a race):
- A medal (maybe choose a virtual race if this is a deal breaker?)
- A marked course (you will need to use your paper map, RunGo, and/or your watch – there will NOT be turn signs).
- Post run food (just water and electrolytes and freeze pops – are those food???)
- Prizes for top finishers (because it’s not a race 🙂
- Crossing guards or police details (you will run this course at your own risk – be sure to look both ways!!!)
This is running festival to increase mental health awareness, to raise money for the MHA GRIT program (where all proceeds will go), and not at all a race – we’re simply offering some pre-made courses that happen to have some awesome 4RUN3 volunteers on it to give you water. Did we mention this isn’t a race???? :)))))))))) Feel free to email us if you have any questions.