RECOVERY WITH PURPOSE
Recovery is hard, but there is a way forward. It takes GRIT. MHA designed GRIT to help those who struggle with addiction and a co-occurring mental health diagnosis. Some people we serve are making their first attempt to break free. Others are ready to rebound. Wherever you find yourself now, we are ready to help you live your best life.
Recovery from addiction is a lifelong process with many steps and challenges. It’s not always easy, but we provide you with structure and support to build inner strength and perseverance to continue your journey.
- Individualized psychiatric and substance use treatment services.
- Integrated medication therapy for mental health and addiction, including medication assisted treatment (MAT) when appropriate.
- Comprehensive primary healthcare services to address the complex medical needs of individuals who have co-occurring substance use disorder and mental health disorders.
- Daily living skills through activities such as cooking groups and menu planning.
- Wellness through activities such as group exercise and nutrition education.
- Career planning through vocational programming and employment search and intentional engagement with natural and peer supports.
WHAT IS GRIT?
GRIT is MHA’s 14-bed, 24/7 residential program for men (18+) who have both a substance use disorder and a moderate-to-severe mental health diagnosis. We provide a safe, homelike environment where residents benefit from supportive, structured and developmentally appropriate care. GRIT is designed as a short term program but can be extended according to individual needs.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY LIKE AT GRIT?
Residents begin their day at 7 AM by preparing and sharing their breakfast together. During the day, residents take part in person-driven programming, such as:
- Medication assessment and reconciliation
- Connection to community support
- 12 step and other support meetings
- Job readiness
- Housing placement support
- Educational assistance
- Financial literacy
- Peer support
The day ends at 11 PM after medication administration and self-care activities.
ARE FAMILIES INVOLVED IN TREATMENT?
Yes! Families are encouraged to visit and participate. Regular interaction with loved ones can give residents an important extra layer of support during treatment. Engaging family in aftercare planning can enhance commitment and reinforce connections that are crucial for long-term recovery.
WHO COMPRISES THE PROGRAM STAFF?
GRIT program staff includes experienced, licensed and highly-skilled case managers, psychiatrists, clinicians, recovery coaches and other members of our treatment team. Residents work individually with staff to identify unique case management needs, build the framework for long-term recovery and develop aftercare plans for a successful return to the community.
HOW ARE REFERRALS TO GRIT MADE?
To reach GRIT directly, our number is 413-747-5384.
GRIT Holyoke – Coming Fall 2019
GRIT Holyoke is one of 26 new Residential-based Rehabilitation Services programs across the state, funded and licensed by the Bureau of Substance Abuse Services, including three programs awarded to MHA. GRIT Holyoke is expected to open in the 4th quarter of 2019
To Learn More About GRIT Holyoke, Check Out Our Frequently Asked Questions